Da Gama: No truth to training reports
Highlands Park head coach Owen Da Gama says it is "absolute rubbish" that the Premier Soccer League club will return to training next week.
Club Director Sinky Mnisi had been reported as saying the players would return under strict conditions when South Africa enters Level 4 of the lockdown restrictions as a result of the coronavirus.
The Lions of the North were expected to be back on the training field after May 1.
But Da Gama has now refuted the reports.
He told Soccer Laduma: "This is absolute rubbish. How can we return to training under these circumstances?
"It is an absolute lie. What do people think of Highlands Park? We were first team to go into lockdown.
"Whoever started this rumour is lying through their teeth. We have already disputed it in the SAFA medical group.
"This looks like a plot to tarnish the name of Highlands Park and I can tell you that this rumour is based on jealousy."
He added: "Look, we are keeping in line with government requirements. The only training the boys are doing is the group video call, where we keep tabs on the players."