Reports & Previews

Real Kings 0-4 Bidvest Wits

Bidvest Wits sealed their place in the Nedbank Cup semi-finals on Friday night after cruising to a comfortable 4-0 victory over Real Kings at Sugar Ray Xulu Stadium.

Bienvenu Eva Nga fired the visitors in front on the stroke of half-time, before Lorenzo Gordinho doubled their advantage on 51 minutes. Real Kings' Lesego Manganyi deflected Terrence Dzvukamanja's shot into his own net just three minutes later. However, Dzvukamanja was not to be denied as he added his name to the scoresheet in the 68th minute, killing off any chances of a late fightback from the hosts.

The Clever Boys came flying out of the starting blocks, committing men in attack as they went in search of an early goal.

They looked to have forged the breakthrough they were looking for after five minutes of play, when Terrence Dzvukamanja was played through in goal by Bienvenu Eva Nga. Despite rolling the ball past the onrushing keeper, however, Dzvukamanja saw his goal-bound effort cleared off the line by the covering defence.

Wits again went close to breaking the deadlock in the 20th minute but the chance came to nothing as Real Kings keeper Sabelo Nkomo did well to deny midfielder Phathutshedzo Nange.

Real Kings briefly threatened to score around the half-hour mark when Sedwyn George found himself well placed to score on the volley, but Wits keeper Brandon Peterson produced a brilliant stop to deny the forward what looked to be a certain goal.

The visitors redoubled their efforts after that brief scare, and twice went close to finding the back of the net as Dzvukamanja fired into the side netting before dragging a shot wide in the 40th minute.

However, Wits were not to be denied in the 43rd minute as Eva Nga nodded home from close range after Zitha Macheke sent an inswinging cross into the danger area.

And the floodgates opened after the break as Wits doubled their lead on 51 minutes, an unmarked Lorenzo Gordinho heading home from Elias Pelembe's cross, before Real Kings' Lesego Manganyi deflected Dzvukamanja's shot into his own net three minutes later.

However, there was still some fight left in the home side, and Wits gloveman Peterson had to be on his toes to keep out Kgabo Mashiane's stinging effort on the hour mark.

But all resistance crumbled when Wits stretched further ahead in the 68th minute, Dzvukamanja latching onto a pass from Pelembe before rounding the keeper and firing into an unguarded net to put the result beyond any doubt.

And the final 20 minutes passed without incident as Wits eased to a comfortable win, with Real Kings unable to snatch a consolation goal before the full-time whistle rang out.